Sandrine A. Healthy Living is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP).
In order to continue to grow and learn as a teacher you can now add your course hours onto your Yoga Alliance profile as continuing education in different categories.
ANATOMY FOR YOGA - THERAPEUTIC COURSE
A 15-Hour Course
This course has been designed by Sandrine and taught since 2014
This course is designed for yoga teachers, and also for teachers from other disciplines.
This therapeutic 2-day course is designed to deepen your understanding of the muscular and bone system, to learn the concept of compression and tension restriction, and to learn how to practice and teach yoga postures in a safe way.
The topics covered are:
- Deep study of the skeletal system,
- Deep study of the muscular system
- Range of movements (flexion, extension, adduction, abduction ...) in the major joints (shoulders, hips and spine)
- Study in depth the anatomy of the spine, hips and shoulders (bones, ligaments, muscles, movements, restrictions of each movement in all joints),
- Study of the major muscles involved in all movements,
- Concept of tension and compression (muscle and bone restriction)
- Observing different bodies and restrictions for each range of movement,
- Learning how to modify a posture according to the body's limitations and restrictions.
We will study a number of yoga postures with specific movements and muscles involved in each one.
We'll understand why we don’t do postures the same way, and whether the restriction comes from muscular tension or a bony compression.
Knowing this concept helps to prevent any damage or physical injury, and to teach and practice in a safe way.
Schedule: 2 days - 10am to 6pm -
Where? Ariany, Mallorca
How much? 170 Euros - Includes + coffee/tea/morning break snack + course notes + copy of an anatomy book + certificate
Additional cost for private room per person for one night 40 Euros (includes Saturday's dinner + Sunday's breakfast & lunch). Bring your towel + sleeping bag o bed sheet.