Sandrine A. Healthy Living is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP).
In order to continue to grow and learn as a teacher you can now add your course hours onto your Yoga Alliance profile as continuing education in different categories.
THE ART OF ASSISTING & ADJUSTING IN YOGA
A 15-Hour Course
Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th of July 2020
This course has been designed by Sandrine and taught since 2018
This course is designed for yoga teachers.
- Introduction to the workshop
- The importance of adjusting and assisting in yoga
- The difference between adjusting and assisting
- How to keep students safe in your classes
- How to make a good adjustment
- A quick review of the anatomy (bones & muscles)
- Ahimsa - non violence
- Asana - Steady and comfortable posture - Sthira & Sukha
- Working with and against gravity
- Adjust yourself before you adjust someone else
- Ground into a safe posture before you come to assist someone
- Help to correct unsafe alignment
- Why assisting - benefits for the students
- Deepening into a posture with assistance
- Amount of pressure to apply
- Coming in and out of the posture with confidence and mindfulness
- Know your body's limitations and restrictions
And a lot more...
We will be adjust and assist a number of postures from different categories (standing, seated, twists, backbends)
Schedule: 2 days - 10am to 6pm -
Where? Ariany, Mallorca
When? Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th of July 2020
How much? 160 Euros - Includes + coffee/tea/morning break snack + course notes + certificate
Additional cost for private room per person for one night 40 Euros (includes Saturday's dinner + Sunday's breakfast & lunch). Bring your towel + sleeping bag o bed sheet.